You can apply for the British Powerlifting Level 1 Coaching course being held at Wimbledon Leisure Centre on May 2/3 2020 by filling in this online application form. You can also pay for it using our online store!
BRITISH POWERLIFTING COACHING COURSE LEVEL ONE 1 AGENDA
- Introductions and welcome – Sign in Learning Outcomes
- Health & Safety
- The Role of Coaching
- Competitive Powerlifting Squat
- Practical Coaching Squat
- Competitive Powerlifting Bench Press
- Practical Coaching Bench Press
- Review of the Day
- Basic Strength Training Flexibility
- Competitive Powerlifting Deadlift
- Practical Coaching Deadlift
- Practical Session Spotting
- Summative Practical Assessment Theory Assessment
- Review of Course
On successful completion of this level one coaching course, prospective powerlifting coaches will be able to do the following:
- Deliver safe and effective coaching practices
- Deliver training programmes and coaching applications
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a British Powerlifting (BP) Coach, and the rules by which the sport of powerlifting is governed
- Safely and effectively deliver core powerlifting/strength building activity and their appropriate adaptation required for each type of trainee (non-athletes, athletes, strength trainers, competitive powerlifters, etc.)
- Differentiate between various trainee’s leverages, anatomical differences, abilities, aspirations and experience, and deliver a full range of coaching advice in a safe and appropriate manner
- Recognise the effects of energy systems – eccentric/concentric movements and balanced development of the powerlifting trainee
In return, the successful participant of this course will be awarded a BP Coaching attainment certificate and will be rated as proficient to deliver safe, appropriate and effective training programmes from novice, intermediate to advanced lifters.
“I wish to apply to attend the British Powerlifting Level 1, Coaching Course at Wimbledon leisure centre, Latimer Road, London. SW19 1EW. On May 2 (Sat) and 3 (Sun) 2020.”
Please direct any queries to Charlie at email@example.com
The course will be from 9.00am – 5.00pm approximately.
Refreshments will be provided but lunch will not.
Nearest cafe is called Bliss, very nice, 2 min walk. Sainsburys local and tesco express walkable by 3 to 5 mins. Loads of noodle shops, nandos, sushi, greasy spoons within 5 to 10 mins.
There is free parking on site, on opposite side of the block.
Once you have completed the online form and you receive ‘thanks for submitting’ please click below to go through to our payment centre.