You can apply for the British Powerlifting Level 1 Coaching course being held at Swindon Barbell on September 12/13 2020 by filling in this online application form. You can also pay for it using our online store!
BRITISH POWERLIFTING COACHING COURSE LEVEL ONE 1 AGENDA
- Introductions and welcome – Sign in Learning Outcomes
- Health & Safety
- The Role of Coaching
- Competitive Powerlifting Squat
- Practical Coaching Squat
- Competitive Powerlifting Bench Press
- Practical Coaching Bench Press
- Review of the Day
- Basic Strength Training Flexibility
- Competitive Powerlifting Deadlift
- Practical Coaching Deadlift
- Practical Session Spotting
- Summative Practical Assessment Theory Assessment
- Review of Course
On successful completion of this level one coaching course, prospective powerlifting coaches will be able to do the following:
- Deliver safe and effective coaching practices
- Deliver training programmes and coaching applications
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a British Powerlifting (BP) Coach, and the rules by which the sport of powerlifting is governed
- Safely and effectively deliver core powerlifting/strength building activity and their appropriate adaptation required for each type of trainee (non-athletes, athletes, strength trainers, competitive powerlifters, etc.)
- Differentiate between various trainee’s leverages, anatomical differences, abilities, aspirations and experience, and deliver a full range of coaching advice in a safe and appropriate manner
- Recognise the effects of energy systems – eccentric/concentric movements and balanced development of the powerlifting trainee
In return, the successful participant of this course will be awarded a BP Coaching attainment certificate and will be rated as proficient to deliver safe, appropriate and effective training programmes from novice, intermediate to advanced lifters.
“I wish to apply to attend the British Powerlifting Level 1, Coaching Course at Swindon Barbell, Trow Lane, Lyneham, Wiltshire, SN154DL. On September 12 (Sat) and 13 (Sun) 2020.”
Please direct any queries to Charlie at email@example.com
The course will be from 9.00am – 5.00pm approximately.
Refreshments will be provided but lunch will not.
There are shops and cafes in the local towns of Royal Wootton Bassett and Lyneham.
There is free parking on site.
*COVID-19 restrictions *
Due to the recent pandemic there will be restrictions in place during your course.
These will include:
- Limiting the amount of people available for each course to allow for social distancing
- Following the latest government guidance on social distancing
- Maintaining good hand and person hygiene (alcohol gel and handwash will be provided but feel free to bring any of your own PPE’s if you wish
- A risk assessment of your recent health will be sent to you prior to the course. Anyone who has been symptomatic or tested positive within the previous 28 days of the course will be asked not to attend and will be offered a place on the next course or a refund.
Once you have completed the online form and you receive ‘thanks for submitting’ please click below to go through to our payment centre.