The next South West based British Powerlifting Level 2 Coaching Course will be held at Swindon Barbell on August 8/9 2020.
You can apply by filling in this online application form. You can also pay for it using our online store!
What you need to be eligible to apply for this course:
- have the British Powerlifting – Level 1 Powerlifting Coaching Course Qualification
- have experience with the three power lifts
- have experience with competitions
- be able to communicate in English
- have first aid if actively coaching in a club
- have public liability insurance if actively coaching in a club
- have familiarity with the rules within British Powerlifting (BP) under the International Powerlifting Federation (IPF)
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a Level 2 Powerlifting Coach
- Understand foundation anatomy, physiology and biomechanics of the main power lifts
- Understand training theory and principles
- Appreciate the importance of the long term balanced athletic development of a powerlifter
- Be able to deliver safe and effective coaching practices
- Be able to individualise coaching practices to the powerlifter
- Be able to prescribe appropriate training programmes
- Be able to coach powerlifters effectively in competition
- Be awarded if successful a one-year free British Powerlifting membership and a British Powerlifting Coaching attainment certificate.
“I wish to apply to attend the British Powerlifting Level 2, Coaching Course at Swindon Barbell, Princess Place, Trow Lane, Lyneham, Wiltshire. SN154DL. On August 8 (Sat) and 9 (Sun) 2020.”
Please direct any queries to Charlie at email@example.com
The course will be from 9.00am – 5.00pm approximately and will be at the club house. Toilet and showering facilities are available. Snacks and lunches are available in the local villages Lyneham and Royal Wootton Bassett. Light freshments will be available to you throughout the day.
There is free parking.
*COVID-19 restrictions *
Due to the recent pandemic there will be restrictions in place during your course.
These will include:
- Limiting the amount of people available for each course to allow for social distancing
- Following the latest government guidance on social distancing
- Maintaining good hand and person hygiene (alcohol gel and handwash will be provided but feel free to bring any of your own PPE’s if you wish
- A risk assessment of your recent health will be sent to you prior to the course. Anyone who has been symptomatic or tested positive within the previous 28 days of the course will be asked not to attend and will be offered a place on the next course or a refund.