This weekend sees most of the Swindon Barbell competitive powerlifters taking stage at the South West Powerlifting Championships.
Check out below who will be in the team.
Date: Sat 6 and Sun 7 April
Lifters from Swindon Barbell include:
- Paul Jones -83k mens category
- Luke George -93k mens category
- Joe Humphrey – 93k junior mens category
- David Ward – 93 mens category
- Alex Knox – 93k mens category
- Rob Hutton -105k mens category
- Louis Phelps (Equipped) -105k mens category
You can click on each person’s name to see their profile and how they are preparing for this years biggest regional competition.
The team will be coached and supported by:
- Karl Marillier – Lead coach and knee wrapper
- Charlie Shotton-Gale – Numbers girl and assistant knee wraper
- Chris Guttridge – Warm up coach, spotter and loader
- Iszy Mckerracher – Team Mum and organiser
- Jon Coe – all round good guy and hard worker
- Mark Townend – big strong clumsy bear willing and ready to help
- Matt Watson – platform boy
- Helen Toms – ever bossy Referee but deep down nice lady
Hosted by Cheltenham Weightlifting Club at Gym 66, Unit 12 Bramery Business Park, Alstone Lane, Cheltenham GL51 8H, 06 – 07th April 2019.
Queries about the event or the final entry list should be emailed to: Richard Parker firstname.lastname@example.org
Weigh-In Times: 07.00 – 08.30 (BOTH DAYS)
Lift Off: 09.00 (BOTH DAYS)
More information can be found in SWPLA Website
Keep your eye on the SW Powerlifting Association Facebook page for the live stream.