The next South West based British Powerlifting Level 1 Coaching Course will be held at Swindon Barbell on May 7-8 2022.
- Introductions and welcome – Sign in Learning Outcomes
- Health & Safety
- The Role of Coaching
- Competitive Powerlifting Squat
- Competitive Powerlifting Bench Press
- Practical Coaching Bench Press
- Basic Strength Training Flexibility
- Competitive Powerlifting Deadlift
- Summative Practical Assessment Theory Assessment
WHAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE
On successful completion of this level one coaching course, prospective powerlifting coaches will be able to do the following:
- Deliver safe and effective coaching practices
- Deliver training programmes and coaching applications
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a British Powerlifting (BP) Coach, and the rules by which the sport of powerlifting is governed
- Safely and effectively deliver core powerlifting/strength building activity and their appropriate adaptation required for each type of trainee (non-athletes, athletes, strength trainers, competitive powerlifters, etc.)
- Differentiate between various trainee’s leverages, anatomical differences, abilities, aspirations and experience, and deliver a full range of coaching advice in a safe and appropriate manner
- Recognise the effects of energy systems – eccentric/concentric movements and balanced development of the powerlifting trainee
In return, the successful participant of this course will be awarded a BP Coaching attainment certificate and will be rated as proficient to deliver safe, appropriate and effective training programmes from novice, intermediate to advanced lifters.
May 7 (Sat) and 8 (Sun) 2022
Swindon Barbell, Princess Place, Trow Lane, Lyneham, Wiltshire. SN154DL.
Please direct any queries to Charlie at firstname.lastname@example.org
The course will be from 9.00am – 5.00pm approximately and will be at the club house. Toilet and showering facilities are available. Snacks and lunches are available in the local villages Lyneham and Royal Wootton Bassett. Light freshments will be available to you throughout the day.
There is free parking.
Due to the recent pandemic there will be restrictions in place during your course.
These will include:
- Limiting the amount of people available for each course to allow for social distancing
- Following the latest government guidance on social distancing
- Maintaining good hand and person hygiene (alcohol gel and handwash will be provided but feel free to bring any of your own PPE’s if you wish
- Evidence of a negative Lateral Flow Test or PCR test will be required before starting the course.
- You will find details on how to pay at the end of the form
- Please ensure you pay for your place once you have completed the form. Your placement will not be secured until payment is received
- Once we have received your payment we will enter you on to the course register
- If, for any reason, you need to cancel, you will get a full refund if you cancel up to 7 days before the course. You will get a 50% refund if you cancel between 7 and 3 days before the course. There will be no refund if you cancel within 3 days of the course.
- If you have to cancel due to a positive COVID-19 test result please provide evidence of the result and you will receive a full refund. Evidence but we from a PCR test result.