The next South West based British Powerlifting Level 2 Coaching Course will be held at Swindon Barbell on April 9-10 2022.
- have the British Powerlifting – Level 1 Powerlifting Coaching Course Qualification
- have experience with the three power lifts
- have experience with competitions
- be able to communicate in English
- have first aid if actively coaching in a club
- have public liability insurance if actively coaching in a club
- have familiarity with the rules within British Powerlifting (BP) under the International Powerlifting Federation (IPF)
WHAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a Level 2 Powerlifting Coach
- Understand foundation anatomy, physiology and biomechanics of the main power lifts
- Understand training theory and principles
- Appreciate the importance of the long term balanced athletic development of a powerlifter
- Be able to deliver safe and effective coaching practices
- Be able to individualise coaching practices to the powerlifter
- Be able to prescribe appropriate training programmes
- Be able to coach powerlifters effectively in competition
- Be awarded if successful a one-year free British Powerlifting membership and a British Powerlifting Coaching attainment certificate.
April 9 (Sat) and 10 (Sun) 2022
Swindon Barbell, Princess Place, Trow Lane, Lyneham, Wiltshire. SN154DL.
Please direct any queries to Charlie at firstname.lastname@example.org
The course will be from 9.00am – 5.00pm approximately and will be at the club house. Toilet and showering facilities are available. Snacks and lunches are available in the local villages Lyneham and Royal Wootton Bassett. Light freshments will be available to you throughout the day.
There is free parking.
Due to the recent pandemic there will be restrictions in place during your course.
These will include:
- Limiting the amount of people available for each course to allow for social distancing
- Following the latest government guidance on social distancing
- Maintaining good hand and person hygiene (alcohol gel and handwash will be provided but feel free to bring any of your own PPE’s if you wish
- Evidence of a negative Lateral Flow Test or PCR test will be required before starting the course.
- You will find details on how to pay at the end of the form
- Please ensure you pay for your place once you have completed the form. Your placement will not be secured until payment is received
- Once we have received your payment we will enter you on to the course register
- If, for any reason, you need to cancel, you will get a full refund if you cancel up to 7 days before the course. You will get a 50% refund if you cancel between 7 and 3 days before the course. There will be no refund if you cancel within 3 days of the course.
- If you have to cancel due to a positive COVID-19 test result please provide evidence of the result and you will receive a full refund. Evidence but we from a PCR test result.