We are re-opening Swindon Barbell on Wednesday December 2 2020 with restricted measures in place.
- As before, we will be open to members only
- We will be restricting numbers to 6 per session
- We will still be requiring you to book your session through the Evenbrite link for Monday/Wednesday/Friday sessions
- Saturday sessions were very low on bookings and so (to begin with) we ask you to book your sessions via your membership group chats (this is subject to change)
- Booking terms and conditions still apply
- You will still have your temperature read upon entering
- There will be liquid hand gel available but we still ask you to bring your own to ease the pressures on the gym’s supplies
There will be new restrictions in place:
- Wear face masks at all times with the exception of when you are doing a set
- When your mask is off no one can walk in front of the person training or stand over them
- If you need a spot then all persons, including the person exercising, must wear a mask
Members can use our Eventbrite booking form to book on to any of the weekday sessions
Please use the members group chats (Facebook or Instagram) to book on to a Saturday session. We have done it this way because we cannot create 1 booking link for all the sessions and the Saturday bookings were so low that it would be easier to manage by just receiving messages through the chats, which have all the coaches on anyway. If it turns out Saturday becomes busy we will change things.
When booking please only book 2 sessions per week and use the booking system to choose other days only on the day and if there is space. This is so that everyone gets an opportunity to train as the numbers are so limited.
Should I attend?
Please use the following guidance to decide whether you should attend your booked session.
When not to attend:
- If you have a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
- if you have any other symptoms such as a sore throat, fatigue, muscle pain, headache, shortness of breath
- if you have been in a crowd of people without suitable protection i.e.. a crowded bar, a busy public arena, a densely crowded supermarket
- if you have been in contact with someone who is either symptomatic or tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 7 days
- if you are shielding and have been experiencing symptoms discussed above
If any of the above applies to you, please do not attend the club and cancel your booking. We rely on your honesty and your respect of other people’s well being. If you are not sure and would like to speak to someone please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you attend the club and are discovered to be symptomatic, have a high temperature reading and/or have tested positive for COVID-19 you will risk losing your membership.
We want you to have a safe and fun training session, every time.